Dmitry Rybolovlev

AS Monaco owner Dmitry Rybolovlev has been charged in the principality following an investigation into suspected corruption and other allegations.

The Russian tycoon is one of four people who have been charged by a Monaco magistrate. The others charged included a lawyer for Rybolovlev, Tetiana Bersheda, and the wife and son of a former Monaco justice minister, said Monaco prosecutor Sylvie Petit-Leclair.

Speaking by telephone, Petit-Leclair said she had no details about the specific charges filed against the quartet but that the charges come in the wake of a judicial probe into suspected corruption, influence trafficking, money laundering, forgery and violating judicial secrecy.

On Tuesday, French newspaper Le Monde first reported that Rybolovlev had been detained and that his home had been searched; he has since been released according to Petit-Leclair.

The Perm-born Rybolovlev bought a 66 percent stake in the principality club in 2011 and after the club’s promotion in 2013, oversaw a massive investment both into the club and in signing new players.

Meanwhile, Thierry Henry’s difficult start to life as Monaco manager continued with a 4-0 Champions League defeat at home to Club Brugge, his third defeat in a five-game run without a win.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.